Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Paris, France Next Week!

Paris, France

I shall be leaving Houston, TX next week, May 6. Destination - Paris, France. It is at this point that the nervous anticipation of excitement really begins.
Definitely will be stopping in on the iconic Eiffel Tower, touring the Louvre, hopefully also the Orsay. In addition I have a couple of creepy sites on my list including the Père Lachaise Cemetery. Click the clink to see the amazing list of historic folks buried here, from Oscar Wilde to Jim Morrison.
My creepy side also wants to tour the catacombs, massive underground tombs beneath Paris, lined with the bones and skulls of millions of Parisians.

With luck the trip will take me to at least...
London (Stonehenge!)
Scotland (I'm Braveheart!)
Switzerland (Alpine hut to hut hiking!)
Germany (Mad King Ludwig's Neuschwanstein Castle!)
Italy (Art, Food, History!)
Romania (Poenari, the REAL Castle Dracula!)
Greece (Ruins!)
and Egypt (Pyramids!).

I really hope you will follow along and maybe I will meet a few of you on the road. Like Michael in Canterbury who mailed an invite to meet him. Thanks Michael.

Alan


Follow Alan's Travels!



Digg It | Add to Technorati | Save on Del.icio.us | Stumble It | Facebook

2 comments:

Scope April 28, 2010 at 6:58 PM  

Père Lachaise Cemetery was very cool. Very relaxed. Very peaceful. I enjoyed it.

Alan April 29, 2010 at 1:54 PM  

And that is at the top of my list! That and those creepy catacombs, lol!

Privacy Policy                                                                                   © Alan Mizell 2009 - 2010

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP