Wednesday, July 15, 2009

When Ordering An Expensive Bicycle, Hire A Professional Photographer To Document The Moment

Never Trust Others To Take Your Pictures For You

Hooray! The day has finally come. Monday morning I officially ordered my new bicycle for the Around The World adventure. I wanted to post a quick update about that and the reason I have been a little out of touch lately.

I ordered my bike from West End Bicycles in Houston, Texas. The staff there took the time to listen to my wants and needs and have not tried to just sell me on product. Being quite an event for me I wanted my daughter Lexi to document the measure and such so she took the camera. When I returned home I realized she had gone all out with a grand total of two pictures.



One image of the shop cat. No I didn't get
the cat's name as we barely spoke.. Get it, 'spoke', as in bike spoke.



One additional image of a grubby me (that's what an unemployed, homeless biker looks like) and the coffee loving cat. That crazy cat's eyes followed my coffee cup everywhere the cup moved, and when allowed would lick the sides of the cup of tea Lexi had.

Anyways, expect a slew of posts in the coming days about all of the equipment coming in and my experience shopping for it. I am NOT a shopper at all, so it has been an mix of pleasure and dread for me to assemble the stuff... bike, tent, sleeping bag, stove, and a hundred little odds and ends. Much more to come, I promise.

Please sign up for Feedburner e-mail updates and stay in touch.


Follow Alan's Travels!



Digg It | Add to Technorati | Save on Del.icio.us | Stumble It | Facebook

3 comments:

Scope July 16, 2009 at 7:02 AM  

I am not a "shopper" either.

I am a "buyer".

Hunter vs. Gathererererer I think.

Alan July 16, 2009 at 1:20 PM  

Scope, I tried to explain that to a female friend when I went in, tried on one pair of tennis shoes, and bought them. Now I have returned three i a row and shall stop going to Sports Authority and go to REI where they actually seem to care, lol!
Maybe that gal shopper is onto something!

Adorabibble July 16, 2009 at 3:50 PM  

this is fun look at it as your first big adventure...

as someone would tell me "put on your BIG girl panties and deal with it"

I am so proud of you and your BUCKET list!

Privacy Policy                                                                                   © Alan Mizell 2009 - 2010

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP